how your content gives back!
Creating content with “character” is what this podcast is all about. Not simply creating more just for the sake of more, or because you feel like you should be, but coming from a place of depth, intention, and a desire to spark more goodness in the world.
In this episode, we’re talking about why to create content in the first place and the four hidden benefits to YOU to the creator when you do!
Discover how your content gives back to those experiencing it and to you in this episode.
What’s the point? Why do we create content?
Here are a few reasons I came up with! I bet you can think of more:
- Expression/creativity outlet
- Inspire and give hope
- Motivate to action
- Make change
- Advocate for those without a voice/platform
- Help people know their not alone – feel seen and heard
- Create connection and build community
- Get people to think in a different way
- Market ourselves, share about what we’re building and creating
- Teach and educate
- Raise awareness
A lot of these are other-focused – what they can do for others.
For this episode, I wanted to come up with some things that content can do for US too, how does it reciprocate and give back to us?
Hidden Benefits of Content Creation for YOU, the creator
- Finding your voice and refining your message
- Opening doors for connection and collaboration
- Self-expression and art
Discover how your content gives back to those experiencing it and to you in this episode!
Topics covered in this episode on the hidden benefits of content creation:
- What is content creation?
- How to consider why you create content in the first place
- Your content can change someone else’s life
- 9 Things your content can do for others
- Four hidden benefits for you, the content creator
- And more!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Content with Character Episode: Speaking and Podcasting for Increased Visibility
She Built This podcast Bonus episode with Speaking Tips
Blog: Creating Connection through Speaking and Podcasting
Simone Seol’s Instagram post referenced
“I write entirely to find out what I’m thinking, what I’m looking at, what I see, and what it means. What I want and what I fear.” – Joan Didion
“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
“Art is about the maker.” – Rick Rubin
About Me, Podcast Host and Content Copywriter Emily Aborn
I’m Emily Aborn, I’m a Content Copywriter, host of Content with Character, as well as the She Built This podcast. I’m a dog mom to Mr. Clyde and wife to my favorite person in the whole world, Jason. Our little family lives in the backwoods of New Hampshire where we spend time hiking and investigating fungi in the woods, reading, and sitting on the back porch (when it’s not snowing) doing crosswords, word games, and drinking coffee.