Keys to Achieving Your Big Dreams in Business and Marketing
What do you REALLY want for your business?
What do you want your business to look like? What do you want your life to look like?
What’s realistic this year for YOU right now? What steps can you take to make the realistic dream a little BIGGER? How can you stretch it a little more?
In this week’s Content with Character episode, we’re going to talk about big, bold, audacious goals, and setting REALISTIC expectations around our marketing and visibility.
The online space gets its kicks out of setting us up for unrealistic expectations for our marketing and businesses.
We see messages talking up the 6-7 figure businesses and acting as though they’re the the one true path to happiness.
Everywhere you scroll is the reminder that you should want to SCALE, or else… what are you even doing?! That your business needs a podcast, that if you’re not doing dancing on Reels and getting tens of thousands of views, you’re doing something wrong. And of course… that passive income is the key wo your business being a cinch!
They paint a picture that all you have to do is set it, forget it, and dollar bill start pouring into your bank account while you sleep.
Many many people are out there are busy making entrepreneurship look like something it’s just not. Which in my opinion, doesn’t set us up for success or help us set realistic expectations for ourselves.
I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve set myself up for disappointment by painting unrealistic expectations for my marketing and business. I’ve gotten all hyped up and excited thinking: THIS is the moment. It’s all about to blow up, go gangbusters, etc. And it pretty much never ends up like that or works that way.
Instead, it takes lots of consistent hard work, daily time, effort, attention, and making sure I’m laser-focused on which direction I want to be going in and what I want for my life and business.
- Three questions to ask yourself to spur big dreaming
- How the online space can set us up for disappointment
- Four things to consider when setting realistic expectations around your marketing and visibility efforts
- Considering your marketing on the whole
- Perfection right out of the gate is unrealistic
- If you build it, they’ll come IF…
- And more!
Links and Resources Mentioned:
Recent Content with Character Episode on Taking a Break
Jessica Terzakis’ LinkedIn post on Passive Income
Rosemarie Callendar’s NEW Podcast Episode #3 “A Simple Strategy to Set Realistic Goals for Your Podcast”
Questions For Your Reflection:
- What do you REALLY this year want in your business?
- What do you want your business to look like and how does it marry with / complement how you want your life to look?
- What’s realistic this year for YOU to achieve right now? What steps do you need to get there? Can you nudge yourself just a bit further and dream a smidge bigger? How can you stretch your goals just a little bit more? Make your dream a little bolder and edgier.
I’m Emily Aborn, I’m a Content Copywriter, host of Content with Character, as well as the She Built This podcast. I’m dog mom to Mr. Clyde and wife to my favorite person in the whole world, Jason. Our little family lives in the backwoods of New Hampshire where we spend time hiking and investigating fungi in the woods, reading, and sitting on the back porch (when it’s not snowing) doing crosswords, word games, and drinking coffee.