What to Consider Before You Start Planning for 2024
Anyone else game for taking a break right now?
Personally, I’m craving some sort of in-between zone. A space where it’s not 2023 anymore but it’s also not 2024 yet. Neither here, nor there.
In this episode of Content with Character, I share with you the magical gift I want us to consider giving ourselves in these final weeks of this year and that is… taking a break.
A pause between reflecting and planning.
Somewhere in between the taking stock and the planning, there needs to be a little bit of a nothing. Somewhere for all the creative ideas to bubble up without you planning them all and plotting your course in stone just yet. Somewhere for intention to really spark and then burn into a raging fire inside you, so you have a place to keep coming back to that’s solid inside you when you look at whether or not something is a yes or a no.
That place is what we’re going to talk about today. A pause, a breathe, a break. Call it whatever you want.
- You don’t have to go out with a bang and CRUSH your goals before NY
- Five ideas for slowing down if you’re like me and can’t shut your business down for the last bit of the year
- Taking a break realistically
- Questions to ask yourself (and your business) as you sit back and pause
- And more
Quote: “The price we pay for our errors is higher than the benefits we gain from our successes. So be careful of rushing headlong into maximalist action, convinced of your own righteousness. Be incremental and patient and steady.” – Matt Gaetz
Mahdi Woodard Instagram Post
Taking Inventory Episode
What do I really want to create?
Dear business, how do you want me to share?
Who do you want to connect with?
What do you really want to do?
How do you best like to organize your time? Structure your weeks?
What season are you in? Ramping up? Growing? Planting Seeds? Nourishing? Cutting back? Pivoting entirely?
What does success abundance and a joyful business you’re proud of look like for you?
5 Ways of Taking a Break:
- Cut back and or pause on creating new content. Repurpose, don’t post, reshare other’s work. Reshare an old episode or email. Employ infrequent consistency.
- Do something entirely different to be creative – fiction, paint, puzzle, etc. Take a break from creating something new in your business and do something creatively for YOU!
- Spend more time with family and friends.
- Journal on more deep topics/personal topics.
- Clean out your office, workspace, or just a purse, closet, etc.
Connect with me, Emily Aborn Content Copywriter
I’m Emily Aborn, I’m a Content Copywriter, host of Content with Character, as well as the She Built This podcast. I’m dog mom to Mr. Clyde and wife to my favorite person in the whole world, Jason. Our little family lives in the backwoods of New Hampshire where we spend time hiking and investigating fungi in the woods, reading, and sitting on the back porch (when it’s not snowing) doing crosswords, word games, and drinking coffee.